I also thought that around four or five months I would be getting more sleep. Madeline is big and happy and healthy and could TOTALLY sleep through the night. But not. I mean why would it ever be that simple. So I continue to wake several times a night. I no longer feed her at night thinking this would help her realize that there was nothing to get up for. Obviously food is not a driver for her. I feel like she just likes our bed better than her own. Who wouldn't really, our bed is soft and cuddly and warm while hers is hard and cold and bare. I totally understand why infants mattresses cant be overly soft and why we can't put plush blankets in the crib... but how can we expect babies to sleep in this sterile hard feeling environment after they had such a warm soft home for 9 months. So I continue to rise in the night to comfort her and haven't talked to anyone who gives me hope that this will end any time soon.
I guess the night waking wouldn't be so bad if Madeline actually slept during the day. I really thought that babies ate, slept, cried and pooped... not mine! She has the eating, crying and pooping down pat... but does not have much use for the sleeping. I can't understand it since you would think she would be exhausted by all the waking in the night - I know I am. She seems to think very little of sleeping and if she is not sleeping she wants to be held by me. I am now going to have to practice not holding the baby. That seems strange doesn't it. It seems strange but I seriously have trouble cleaning my house, cooking the dinner and participating in Lucas' daily routine. Madeline had a totally monopoly on my time. I will have to let you all know how this goes.
It is strange writing the above paragraph since I am sitting her on the computer writing this blog and looking at Madeline sleeping on the couch and has been for about 30 min. But I SWEAR the kid never sleeps. Maybe she really just doesn't like the crib.
___________________________________________________
Quick story: Cousin Clare was in town a while ago and was excited to see Maddie, she stuck her head right in Madeline's car seat to say hello. Well, THAT was a mistake. Madeline totally lost it... How dare Clare invade her personal space, especially when mommy wasn't in clear view. I was able to get her settled down, but she had not forgotten. She glared at clare with her wide eyes...I don't think she even blinked. She looked her up and down, watched her walk back and forth. Just daring Clare to give her even a sideway glance. This went on for a while, I felt like she was on a stake out. And when Clare did notice her... well, all hell broke loose. This happened on repeat until finally she decided that Clare might not be sooooo bad. It was a happy ending and Clare and Maddie finally became friends (until they meet again that is).
No comments:
Post a Comment