Thursday, June 7, 2007

Month 5 and Baptised!

Hi Fam and Friends,
Well time is flying and Lucas is doing VERY well!

Lucas was just baptised this past Sunday and the church was FULL of family wishing him well! It meant allot to Scott and I that so many were able to attend. Thank you all so very much!

As for our day to day activities Lucas has learned so much... Rolling over is EASY! Can you believe it... he doesn't roll all the time, but he has become aware that he can and does so when he pleases. I have even found him completely turned around in his crib. He wants to be on the move so much...he reaches, he grunts, he claws at thin air but he still has not come close to crawling. Instead I am now the official "toy retriever"... He spots it...I hand it over! I actually think he feels some sort of accomplishment when I hand him a toy (he is working on his Jedi mind tricks!).

Razzzing- Lucas recently learned how to razzzz... or basically spit while making fun farting noises. This new talent coupled with his constant drool and don't forget the occasional spit up really makes for a messy and very wet situation. Bibs are of no use... now that he has distance...ohhhhh boy.

Lucas is still only nursing at this point, but he is so interested in watching us eat and drink. I must admit I am getting a little excited to try out real food with him. We did try a cup the other day, since he always wants to grab ours. He loved the whole holding (with assistance) and tilting of the cup... but he was unsure of the taste of the water inside. He was really unsure when he pulled the cup EXTRA hard and ended up with water all over him... I am sure some found it's way up his nose too.

We have begun using his walker... although we limit the time he spends in it. Lucas is even getting close to being to big for his car seat!!! Although he is still unable to sit up on his own so we will hold off on that switch until he has better body control.

Well there is so much more to say.. But he's in bed and that is where I need to be too! Got to get the mommy beauty sleep (hahahah).

Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Lots of Love!
Me






No comments: