Saturday, June 16, 2007

Let Him Eat Rice Cereal

Hi Fam and Friends!

Well it is official, we are rolling over, we have cut a very sharp little tooth AND we are eating! The rolling over went smooth, the tooth was frustrating for us all and a little painful for Lucas and so far the menu has included rice cereal, bananas and an apple!

Thank you to all who gave us much needed advice on the eating bit. For those of you who do not know... Our pediatrician never told me to start feeding him at are four month checkup and by five months I could tell he was interested. He started to grab at cups, forks, food and anything that passed his way. He watched in envy at every mealtime... even opening his mouth hoping for a scrap.

Wanting to "follow the rules" I didn't attempt food. I started to tell people about what he was doing and unanimously everyone said - feed that boy.. He's hungry!! And I guess he was! He loves to eat and enjoys the experience sooo much! We are so happy we didn't wait much longer. At this point he would rather have a spoon than nurse any day.

So this month has brought so many changes! I am so glad once again that I was on hand to experience them with Lucas.

Thanks for every one's support, thoughts and prayers.
Love you all!
The Schommer Clan










No comments: