Thursday, May 28, 2009

He did .... WHAT? WHERE?

HELLO... Friends and Family!

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the Schommer Clan and tell you all our newest adventure in parenting.

Well, we are all doing well and just purchased our first double stroller! It is wonderful... And it even fits in the trunk of our focus when we take the wheels off and have nothing else to lug around.. YEAH US! But really... it will be great for me to be able to walk the neighborhood during the day (which I have not been able to do). Although to date I have only been out once.. The last two days I would go get the stroller out, put one kid in, and then it would begin to rain. I would put the stroller away. And then repeat those steps an hour later. Needless to say, the weather is just NOT cooperating.

We should wish everyone a belated Happy Memorial Day! We actually had a GREAT family day out! We were able to get our troops in gear to watch the local Memorial Day parade... complete with police cars, fire engines, jets crossing over, horses and lots of music! Lucas loved it!! Maddie slept!! We even got out to the village that weekend for their Civil War Remembrance Weekend. We all enjoyed strolling around the village (with our double stroller of course)! So all in all it was a fantastic weekend.

So now to the breaking news story! Something silly to hopefully give everyone a chuckle. So here it is in Michigan, getting warmer...the windows are open, the shorts are on! All day the Schommer clan is out and about enjoying this wonderful weather ... But at the end of the day of course we need to wrap it up with dinner and nice warm baths for Maddie and Lucas. So, Scott and Lucas take off for the tub and I get Madeline situated for her sponge bath. I decide that although it is warm, there is a little chill in the air so I should crank up the heat and give the room a little burst of warmth. I figured it would make for a cozier bath for Madeline. Well, that did not sit well with Scott who found it preposterous to turn the heat on AND have the windows open (even if it were only for one puff of heat). So Scott went into Close The Window mode... running through the house closing the windows...keep in mind this is while Lucas is naked waiting for his bath and following him from window to window. UNTIL!!! DUM Dum da dum!Scott yells! from our bedroom upstairs I hear "OH NO". Before I can even ask what has happened, Scott and Lucas come bolting down the stairs...And Scott begins grabbing for napkins... So what happened you may ask? I asked the same thing...the reply...Lucas pooped in the closet! OUCH! Not the ending I had anticipated for such a nice day! P.S. I had to clean it up!

So friends and family that is it! If only we could get him to go on the potty - or maybe we should really consider putting the potty in the closet... mmm, we'll have to ponder that one!

Well - Happy trails to you all!
Pray for our sanity!
All our love.

the Schommer Clan

No comments: