2.jpg)
Hello Family and Friends.
This announcement is coming a bit late, but we have really been adjusting to our newest family member. On March 31st 2009 at 5.29pm - Scott, Lucas and I (finally) welcomed Madeline Grace to the Schommer Clan. We can't even express how happy we are that she arrived happy and healthy yet fashionably late!
Our due date was March 25th, and when she had not yet arrived we scheduled our induction for the following Tuesday, March 31st! We were at the hospital at 8am sharp...ready to have a baby!
After about an hour of "prep work" I was asked to sign a VBAC form (short for vaginal birth after c-section). This form halted all induction progress... after I read line #4, Rupture could be fatal to infant (or something to that effect).Ok... I kinda flipped out a little, ready to scrap the hole VBAC idea and reschedule a c-section. Luckily, the nurses put me in touch with my doctor who really put my mind at ease and talked me through the form and let me know if he or I thought it was not going to work at any point we would stop and go right to the c-section.
So away we went...with all the drama out of the way, and that nasty form signed I was hooked up to the induction juice. I remembered how slowly the induction was with Lucas (it took 2 days) - this induction was nothing like that. I progressed quickly from one minute being in pain at about a 2 out of 10 to the next minute being a 10 - 10 - 10...help, I need some drugs!!
At the point, when I thought my body and mind were about to split into two...YEAH! The drug lady arrived waving her epidural wand. My mom was asked to leave while the drug was administered, Scott stayed to comfort me (although he might have wanted to run and hide - he remained a trooper).
After the injection was made I sighed one sigh of relief, then realized - Hey I can still feel these suckers (aka contractions) - WHAT UP! The nurse was skeptical...but after looking at her little screen of contraction mountains, and seeing me become uncomfortable at every peak - she called the doctor in. Doctors prognosis...This baby is on it's way out!..... So away we went, legs up, nurses all around. But where is mom? Scott called her cell...no answer, it was on the table next to me...within a couple minutes she comes strolling in... She was SHOCKED at the change in events...One minute I was about to get the wonder drug and the next I was having a baby!
And she may have missed it, since baby Madeline arrived quite quickly. 4 sets of 3 pushed and she was here. The doctor held her up to me and said look what you have. My mind being like mush at this point thought something like this... "This baby is missing it's penis".........blank stare...... "OH my gosh, is it a girl?" As many of you might be aware I had been convinced this baby was a boy. I told everyone..."We don't know what it is, but I would be very surprised if it was a girl." I can now say, I am glad I waited until her birth to know her... My biggest Surprise in the smallest package.
So that is the story! I am so happy it went as well as it did! So thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. I know it helped in this wonderfully uneventful delivery!
Love you all
We will keep you posted
The Schommer Clan
We will keep you posted
The Schommer Clan
No comments:
Post a Comment