Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tis' the Season

Hi Friends and Family -
Well it has been a while since we have written and things are going by so fast. Where has the year gone?

As we said, we celebrated Thanksgiving with the Virginia Clan and it was a wonderful time! It started out with the greatly anticipated yet secretly feared plane trip. The Monday before Thanksgiving we got ourselves together and headed out the door to metro - it was such an experience lugging all our goodies around, baby in hand, stroller in hand, tickets in hand, passports, birth cert's and licence's in hand. I got a laugh at us crossing though the dreaded screening portion. I went through every bag going to be x-rayed... declaring - I have formula, I have baby food, I have cheerios, I have rice cakes... I have a baby... I declare I think I have lost my mind. Luckily for us metro was almost deserted and we didn't make for to much of a hold up. The flight there was smooth sailing - whoo hooo - Lucas slept the entire time and we made it in record time of about an hour.

To our great surprise we landed in Virginia to find the smallest airport ever built. We jumped off the plane walked a couple steps into the lobby and there was my family waiting, waving and smiling from ear to ear. What a great welcoming committee - we couldn't have asked for anything more wonderful. Although aunt Terri was the first to make Lucas cry with the "I Love Virginia" monkey - who like all other monkeys - made it's own whooo hooo eeeee sound which drove Lucas instantly mad. We then departed only to find that we were all set up with our very own car seat, pack and play, booster seat and much more. It was so wonderful to not have to lug that stuff around too.. because you know me, I would be declaring it!

So we spent the week, visiting, eating, talking and having a great time! It was low key and layed back - which was nice, we were able to unwind from our life and just breath. The weather was also great - 70s several days of our trip. I would say you couldn't beat that... but with Ma-Maw cooking great meals for us... It was a toss up.

Lucas enjoyed his time away from home and exploring new uncharted territories. And of course got the much needed face time with our relatives. We were so welcomed... Not only by our family, but also my aunt Susies co-workers! They had apparently heard all about us - all good they said - but you never can tell...mmmm... just kidding. So if any of you read this.. It was nice meeting you and make sure you keep suzy Q in line!!!

We ended our trip with a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and a grand finally of the movie Rat - a - what? - I don't know, something about a cooking rat. Thanks to Uncle Dave who let me put it in and disrupt the Thanksgiving game time!! hehehe.

We then headed back to Michigan, this time Lucas was awake and enjoying every bump along the way. Seriously he was out of control, every bump he was laughing uncontrollably. I think he may have thought it was a larger version of the Jump-a-roo. He also made a new friend, the woman sitting behind us! He watched her sit, sleep, drink and just about everything else. She humored him which was nice - but at the end of the trip she stated and I quote "your baby kinda freaked me out a little". I guess anyone would be a little nervous with a little person staring at them for an hour and laughing.

So here we are back in the grind. We are gearing up for the holiday season and very excited to celebrate our first Christmas as a family. We have our Tree up and our stockings hung with care. Luckily for us Lucas yet not disinterested - is not shaking the tree back and forth screaming ho ho ho. Although we don't lack screaming in the house. And it does not stop there! Lucas turns one shortly after Christmas! I see it now, Balloons everywhere.....oh sorry.. Let me keep on track.

So Lucas is doing so well, not walking yet (bummer). Although he does stand on his own, no hands mom! He stands and dances, stands and shakes his arms around and just about anything else he can think of . He is also using the potty - Noooo just kidding, but wouldn't that be cool. Call Guinness! At this point he has evolved past our little baby boy... to our little boy. It is sad to see the baby go, but I can't wait to continue to see him grow. P.S. He is a lefty (we think)!

So we have new news too -

Baby Marissa is here! We have not yet seen her but we look forward to it. We are so happy for the Kenrick Clan x5... What a great Christmas gift. Wishing you guys the very best.

Baby Avis on the way! My cousin Jessica is prego!!! I think she may have known at Thanksgiving but that little sneak wasn't giving out any clues! We got the phone call today... And we are so excited for her and James (her husband). We are especially excited for Aunt Terri the very proud Ma-Maw... It think she was out baby shopping when she called me. There is no stopping her!! Congratulations!

Baby #2 for Laura and Scott- You two are on a role! We are super excited for you! Can't wait to hear more!

No comments: