Hi Friends and Family!
Well it has been a while and many, many things have been happening!!
First on the list is BABY NEWS!!!!
Baby Ryder - Baby Ryder was born this month, his mommy is my cousin Maggie out in Seattle (you can see her blog - by clicking on the link on the right). The Schommer clan was happy to hear that baby Ryder was born happy and healthy and we can't wait to see baby and mommy soon! We know Ryder is going to have a wonderful time in his new home with his entire family as well as little Jake and Baby Beller (on the way). Congratulations Maggie!
Baby Anna - Baby Anna was also born this month to mommy Kate and daddy Chris - our very good Dearborn pals. Anna was born a couple weeks early after some slight complications, but is also doing just fine and is now at home. Congratulations Kate and Chris. And great job daddy... Kate said she could not have done it with out you!
Baby Marrissa - We are so very excited about Baby Marrissa arriving via plane from Guatemala - arrival TBD - But soon! She will make Kenrick Fam to the 3rd. And we know big brothers Dan and Evan must be so very excited to meet her! Congratulations John, Ellen, Dan and Evan!
The Schommer Month.
This month or so has been very busy...
The first big surprise and it was a surprise was the 30th surprise party thrown for me!!! Scott used his super stealth moves to throw me a wonderful 30th birthday party - I was shocked and very overwhelmed. He got all my favorite people (minus a couple) together, an overnight babysitter for Lucas and planned a whole lot of fun. I don't know how he did it right under my nose, but he did and it was excellent. Thanks to all that helped him pull it off and thanks to all who helped me celebrate...it meant so much!
A Sad Note - On a sad note, we spent a week with the VA crew - which under any other circumstance would have been a great treat (it still was of course), but the circumstances for their trip was a sad one. Uncle Dave's sister passed away after fighting Hepatitis for many years. She passed leaving her husband, son and young daughter behind. This was Dave's only sister and of course she meant very much to him, and we know this was a hard time for him. Lucas and I spent most of the week with them trying to offer support... but being the joksters they are we couldn't help slinging the fun too! We were so happy to see them and be there for them at this very hard time.
Lucas News! Baby Lucas is doing awesome! He had his 9 month check up this month (can you believe it - time is flying!) He is still in the 75th percentile for children his age, so he is still considered a big boy (over 21lbs). Lucas is learning so much day by day and is such a joy to be with day in and day out. He has begun to cruise the furniture and loves to walk behind a toy geared to help him learn to walk (although he doesn't have his navigation down pat and gets pretty upset when he runs into the wall). When I refer to pretty upset I mean that little tantrum he has learned to throw - which can be frustrating and amusing all at the same time.
Lucas is eating up a storm, and lots of new foods too! We are becoming more accustomed to feeding him whats for dinner rather than sticking only to baby food. In fact last night he ate quiche an Aunt Margarete delicacy! He loved it! I can't believe it - broccoli and all he just gobbled it right up! Not to mention the pepper I had him sucking on the other day - Yuck a pepper, but I figured hey why not...Lets try it! But don't think for a minute that anything is more appealing to him than the almighty cheerio. He can't get enough of those little scrumptious bights. P.S. if you need grapes pealed I am now a pro - just give me a call.
It's a snap - Get this - if you can believe it... our little guy is actually practicing his snap. I have been very focused on having him wave hello and goodbye, but upon further inspection and Grandma Grace pointing it out.. It appears that he is actually trying to snap too! He has the motion completely down, and just has to get the sound to work. This is no joke. He actually flicks his thumb and middle finger together as any finger snapping pro would do. It is such a funny thing to watch and completely amazing at the very same time!
The Great Fall - You may think I am referring to the beautiful fall color change - well don't. I am talking about Lucas's first big wipe out that had me scrambling and in tears. Yes, he had a bloody fall! It was the fasted slow motion wipe out I have ever seen. One minute he was looking out the window and the next his face was sliding down the wall! It was horrible and the blood, there was so much blood I thought he had knocked all 6 teeth out (we would have to get him into hockey for sure then). He cried, He bled and he cried some more. He cut his eye and he riped the skin in his mouth that connects his lip to his gums (which apparently is not unusual). I called my mom, I called the doctor, I ran around in circles outside - just kidding. I was told he would be fine, but he would bleed for a while... which he did and now he is all cleared up and back to his crazy ways. It was scary though and I felt so bad for not "saving" him, but I guess you can't catch them all and I am sure this will not be the last blood spilled in the Schommer home!
Flying Friendly Sky's - Well, we have made our decision to visit the VA Fam for the Thanksgiving holiday and instead of taking the often treacherous and exhausting 10+ hour car ride...We opted to fly! Oh boy.. We booked the tickets and we are ready to go. Honestly though I am feeling a little excited yet nervous. This will be Lucas's very first plane ride. What will he do, how will he act...will it go ok? All the unknowns. We don't fly very often but when we do I usually get the jitters thinking of being in this huge machine that I have no control of, but now we will also have little Lucas - so those pilots better take it extra careful! But seriously.. I am very excited to spend this Thanksgiving down there since we haven't spent a holiday with them in years. So look out the Schommer Clan is all packed up and heading down south (we'll bring the canned cranberries -Yum).
Well I think that is all for now.
We hope to hear from you all soon.
Lots of Love.
The Schommer Clan.
Pastel 2003
14 years ago
1 comment:
Hey Guys,
Thank you for everything when we were all there. It was a hard time but knowing how Dorothy was made it easy. God is with us helping throught it everyday. Baby Lucas was the best part for being there. Can't wait to see you all soon.
Chris Lopez
Post a Comment