
Hi all - well we did it... Scott and I decided that it was best for Lucas if one of us tried to stay home with him...at least for his first year. That "one" would be me. So I held my breath and called my work to tell them the news (I was sick to my stomach).
I felt as if I would be loosing not only a job, but my career, my daily grind for 7 straight years and even possibly a sliver of myself. My thoughts were..would I ever be able to go back? Would I still be creative? Would I remember how to do my job? And then I had to turn my attention from myself and my selfishness and remember who I was doing this for and why...Lucas...Our special little man.
So I have become more and more comfortable with the idea of being a suburbanite stay at home mom. Although I can quickly see it is going to be a whole new learning experience for me... Shopping with a baby, cleaning with a baby, cooking with a baby....baby, baby, baby... Of course you would think that since I had planned to go back to work I would have made sure I had gotten myself on track or even scheduled myself better... OHHHhhh no! I was so busy enjoying him, and trying to take him all in before I went back to work that I forgot, yes literally forgot to join the real world! Good by showers... Good by clean clothes... Good by makeup and hairdryers...HELLO, Stretchy pants and tshirts. Yes I dropped off that face of the planet.
So what now? Now I learn to Take a shower, then blow dry my hair, then put on some make up and all the while juggling my son.. Can it be done? Yes, I believe it can.
So stay tuned for more of Michelle stays home!
I felt as if I would be loosing not only a job, but my career, my daily grind for 7 straight years and even possibly a sliver of myself. My thoughts were..would I ever be able to go back? Would I still be creative? Would I remember how to do my job? And then I had to turn my attention from myself and my selfishness and remember who I was doing this for and why...Lucas...Our special little man.
So I have become more and more comfortable with the idea of being a suburbanite stay at home mom. Although I can quickly see it is going to be a whole new learning experience for me... Shopping with a baby, cleaning with a baby, cooking with a baby....baby, baby, baby... Of course you would think that since I had planned to go back to work I would have made sure I had gotten myself on track or even scheduled myself better... OHHHhhh no! I was so busy enjoying him, and trying to take him all in before I went back to work that I forgot, yes literally forgot to join the real world! Good by showers... Good by clean clothes... Good by makeup and hairdryers...HELLO, Stretchy pants and tshirts. Yes I dropped off that face of the planet.
So what now? Now I learn to Take a shower, then blow dry my hair, then put on some make up and all the while juggling my son.. Can it be done? Yes, I believe it can.
So stay tuned for more of Michelle stays home!
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment